Sunday, June 26, 2011

I can't make this stuff up

The previous owner really did all of the work you see in the pictures.  I can't make this stuff up.  Yeah, the welds aren't the best, but when I bought the car, I realized that I would be an amatuer welder as well, and may not do as good of a job.

I love a good challenge.  I'm wired that way- I have this innate bug to figure out everything I see.  What do I do at the amusement park?  I look at the motors, the safety devices, even down to the grade of bolts they use.  It's just a nasty habit after many years of doing what I do.  I love the idea of building up this car using the stuff I want.  More importantly, I have a budget to stick to, so I compromise on the stuff that doesn't seem to matter or can be changed easily in the future.  I won't compromise on the bodywork.  I want the best I can get, and I want to fix a few things that bother me in the process.

More pictures are coming tomorrow.

No comments: