Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Taillight Lens Rehabilitation Part II

I work on my car here and there, mostly around 9:30 at night when the kids have gone to bed.  It occupies my time a little better than other things I tend to spend (waste) my time on.

I cleaned each lens with soap & water twice, then masked and painted the lens interior using rattle-can metallic paint.  One side has definitely turned out better than the other side, but both are acceptable.  I won't be showing off the interior of the housing, so who cares if I got a run or two?


One side painted with rattle-can metallic paint.  Should be good enough.

The next step of this restoration process is to investigate new connectors.  The old connectors are fine for a car that won't see much but sunshine, but I gave up on and sold the original wiring harness.  Maybe the choice of connectors will be another blog post.

That's it for now...



No comments: