Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Weber 48 IDF Intake for the 351C

I picked up an Aussiespeed intake for the 351 Cleveland from a guy in Texas that is importing them and selling them on eBay.  I like the fact that he has been importing these and saving everyone on on shipping.  Even though I'm working on a Coyote, I'm also keeping my 351 for originality.  If I decide to go back to stock, then Weber IDF carburetors are the way I'd like to go.  The Aussiespeed intake is a great way to go with Weber carburetors. Unlike the 48 IDF manifold from Hall Pantera, the IDF manifold is a lot shorter.  See the manifold measurements here.  Interesting that they have put my blog as a link there! I put the 40 IDF body I have on the intake to see how it fits.


I also found two brand-new 48 IDF's for a good deal on the internet.  I picked them up and will post when I receive them.  I plan to buy two more, but unless I can find them new, I'll just buy two brand-new from Redline.

I also plan to pick up all of the jetting and linkage needed from Jim Inglese. Jim understands the unique Pantera aspect and builds Weber setups with this intake manifold, and he agreed to sell me the linkage & jetting. My philosophy is that one day, these manifolds, etc. will be gone and I will have missed the boat.


No comments: